GSoC Coding Phase Starts

“The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before.”


So, finally, the coding phase started. Its been a lot of problems while setting the environment for Libroadrunner. Thanks to the Kiri sir for providing me the cmakelist and help me in this process.

Sometimes we exactly followed the build article but due to a single fault, we get lots of problems. And the biggest problem is mentor being remotely located can't help as they don't have exact information. It is very difficult to debug the fault but one can always ask doubts from the mentor as they are the experienced one and guide us in the right direction. Fortunately, with the help of mentor and co-mentor, I have built roadrunner.

I first set up all the environment in the Linux but I shifted to windows as all the developers are working in windows. This helps in some case if we get stuck. And It is beneficial for me in the later stage.

I have designed a plugin loader with the help of poco class loader which is a dependency of the roadrunner instead of using the boost library as we need to maintain an extra dependency. I learned to write dll files and loading these files at runtime. Poco class loader is platform independent so it helps to avoid the issue of Application Binary Interface issue. Now I am looking forward to adding some new feature in plugin loader file and then modifying the wrapper and cmake files to add plugin feature in Libroadrunner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monte Carlo Bootstrap

Update old plugins to Work in the current system

End of GSoC 2.0