Coding Phase Week 2

It is not enough to do your best: you must KNOW what to do, and THEN do your best.
                                                                                                                    W.Edwards Deming
So, the 2nd week of GSoC is ended. Its consist of many ups and downs. First I have planned to create the infrastructure of the plugin loader by my own by ignoring the pre-built plugin loader because I thought designing new code by my own will do the work faster as compared to modifying the pre-built code. Also, the pre-built code (rrplugins) uses low-level functionality of poco class loader. So, I thought it would be easy to uses high-level functionality of class loader by poco and will result in the faster-developing process. But while building I found that the design of rrplugins is better than my design and I started referring that. Somehow I get a feeling that it will better to use the rrplugins as it has better designs as well as more functionality. Also, the developers have put a lot of efforts in building it. 
I know I have taken this decision very late but I am ready to put more hours to compensate for my mistake in the early phase. Now the first task will be to integrate the rrplugins in roadrunner. Also, some code of pyhon2 needs to be shifted to python3. Some plugins are also not working so I need to make them in good condition. Then also create a wrapper for this. Wrapper for this is already built using CPython but I thought to use swig for that.
For the integration task, I am referring to the integration of integrator with libroadrunner and trying to achieve my goal. I need to do a lot of modifications in rrplugins to do so.
I am planning to finish this as early as possible to get started with developing an optimization library. Also, I have a plan to fix some bugs in the rrplugins after the development of an optimization library. This upcoming week will be a difficult week as I will start modifying the main roadrunner code. Hoping that everything works according to the plan. 
I would like to thanks my mentor Herbert sir and co-mentor Kiri sir for consistently providing me help in every tough situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update old plugins to Work in the current system

Monte Carlo Bootstrap

End of GSoC 2.0